View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 11:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BlueChair

It was I haha who mentioned acupuncture last I think. I saw a lady posting on Smart about how much it was helping her with cravings and anxiety.

Yep your right Clean. Right now his anxiety is in check and he said he feels ok. Its always best to try and prevent it from returning, sort of be aggressive and dont let it get started, then it is to wait and have to turn defensive against it when its revving up. But ha! Aggressive in this case means taking good care, doing relaxing things, sleeping well, eating well and anxiety will just hopefully have no room to grow!

Aww it would be a mixed feeling when kids start to grow up. Its probably harder for moms than dads? Or is that sexist? Ha! I still mispronounce and mis-spell plenty of words, so you always have me for a chuckle or two! I think about this part a little though, like I had a different kind of childhood than my husband. He always felt pressured to grow up. Do everything right, get the best grades, dont make mistakes, achieve all these things. My mom would make a huge deal if I brought home a little certificate saying I won a spelling bee in class. It was expected he should win. Probably we will even each other out in parenting skills, hes aware of a lot of things he would do differently, so I think he will have his own brand of parenting, keep what worked for him but try to correct what didnt? Yeah jumping the gun with my thoughts.

Clean I was looking over on the nicotine thread, what is all this talk of chocolate!

Nothing scary has happened on todays Fri 13th so far!

You know Svl I think something like the Smart abc's would help your husbunny break down irrational thoughts when he starts looping, or actually at his first signs of emotional discomfort. Ive been playing with them from time to time, and some people work out whole problems /feelings with the tool. Maybe I will make a thread on it, but heres a quick link:

SMART RecoveryŽ - Who Controls You?

Thanks for getting our new thread kicked off Sarge! Can u eat normal food ok since the tooth surgery?