View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 10:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cleaninLI

Thank you greeteachday!

Happy Friday the 13th!

Idk who suggested acupuncture? Was that you Blue? But I do believe in it! I had it when I started my first IOP. I really can't say what worked completely, because I did a combination of things. But whatever it/they were I remained clean and sober. I was not on sub that time either and it lasted for a good 5 years until this last relapse which I now have two years in recovery. I'm on a very slow taper from sub. Its ok Blue about not getting the massage appointments....it probably means your husband is doing ok right now. I'm sure the vacation and all that went down is still making a difference. He probably still feels the relief and effect of what happened. I mean that in a good way.

Soverylost you are learning a lot from your therapist. I'm sure it helps that you trust him so much! That might be the number one factor! It looks like he takes the time to get to know you guys and understand your dynamic! How cute the way your son says "wabbit, so tute!! awwwwwwww" I remember when my kids pronounced words wrong. My husband would try to teach them the correct pronunciation. I always told him to leave it...not wanting them to change it. It made me sad when they started saying it the correct way...because then I knew they were growing up. I only wished I had taped them more than I did!
Thank you for your concerns? You are so sweet! I am ok now. Yes the panic attacks do leave me tired but the hardest part is during them and trying to not go into complete panic mode because then it's hard to breath and they are very scary. Its those that I fear the most.

Butter hope you are ok? Are you keeping up with your assignments? Sorry....not meaning to sound like a parent or teacher...just wondered how you are doing that?

Alfor the nicotine forum helps a lot. Just the act of pledging 24 more hours gives me a cathartic push forward. Thank you so much for your book reviews. I just went over there to catch up on them. I really learn a lot from them! The way you pull out the important points and interpret some of the stuff that I am sure is hard to understand really helps a lot!

I heard about Brian Williams. Idk but I feel there is more than meets the eye! (More to the story?)

Thank you for reminding me of faith Allfor! That is the one thing that gets me thru. But I have to mentally think it all out to get to that place.

TOD so you didn't want to give up your pillow eh? Ha ha! Good you were able to call him out on a few things. It's unfortunate but true that our men don't always get it do they? We have no choice but to spell it out! Lol

TOD you mentioned your nephew getting a pill in the dentist office to calm him that had the opposite effect? I read this a lot in your posts about the pills causing you to become lazy and not want to do anything. Well, they affected me totally different! On them, I became very industrious! Which was why I took them! I could clean my whole house top to bottom in less than one day while on the pills. I felt like I could do anything. Sometimes you mention that Jethro gets on these busy sprees...these happy phases! Are you sure it's not because he took pills? Because when I was down and out...lazy on the couch....it meant I ran out of my pills. I've read quite a few posts in sub abuse about that same thing. RA's complaining that they have no energy now that they are clean. To tell you the truth with my addiction, my family suffered and noticed more when I ran out of pills than when I had them. When I had them I was happy and everything was wonderful....in my pill induced haze! But when I was out I was cranky and hard to live with. I am so thankful to be out of that cycle where pills in my pocket meant a good day and no pills meant a horrible one! But wanted you to think about that.