View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 08:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by keithj View Post
By meetings I'm assuming you are referring to AA. There is nothing, and I mean nothing, about the AA program that suggests a permanent state of recovering. The BB uses the word 'recovered' repeatedly. Since I took the 12 Steps, I've never had to make the decision of whether or not I was going to pick up a drink. RR and AA have that in common, not in contrast.
I dunno one min i'd say i've recovered another I might say I'm recovering. 99% of the time I have 0 desire to drink even when bad times come. But then this morning with a bit of anxiety going on I thought maybe a 2 week bender is what i need? Yes the thought crossed my mind. I thought nah thats a terrible idea but it might give me some relief? I started thinking about it some even I knwo full well its a bad idea and I wont do it. But its at a time like that that i might say I'm a recovering alcoholic. Other times when all is fine and its the last thing on my mind that i'd want or whatever I'd say I've recovered.

If what you saying is I could hit a point where I'd never even contimplate it even slightly then I cant wait till I hit that point. Sure its rare and not often it crosses my mind but it does I wont lie.