View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
thumbellina

Ugh! As you know the last time I saw him was 4 days ago. The day he decided to dump me. Last night (tues) he called from the treatment centre. I didn't answer. He left a voicemail saying he was just calling to talk, but I guess you don't want to talk to me. His tone of voice was snooty. This morning he called again on my cell and I didn't answer. He sounded sheepish and said he was just calling to talk I'll try back later. You could tell he was somewhat medicated.

I got home from work and my house phone rang. I answered it not thinking he would call that..and of course it was him. He sounded sober and said 'Hi how are you doing..I said fine'. Then he starts talking about how he put in an application to transitional housing and that hopefully he can get in next week. Also that hopefully the treatment centre will give him an extension to stay there so he has a roof over his head.

He said 'so was work busy today? and I said 'why are you asking I thought you are done' He said 'I still consider you a friend and that we can still talk as friends'. I just repeated I thought you were done. Then he got irritated and said I'll call you later in the week ..OK BYE and hung up. I don't know why I repeated what I told him, but that's all I could say at the time.

So this is not a game to me and I hate when someone gushes over you with the 'I love you's' which was on Saturday and by night I was dumped and now a friend. I get that his emotions are probably all over the place but don't break up and then give breadcrumbs..or perhaps he's keeping me on the back burner so he has (or think he has) options if everything else fails.

Can someone explain what he is trying to do if anything? I need to be prepared. I do care about him I just don't want to be used or my emotions being played with anymore. I will not answer my house phone anymore and I'll keep reading and learning from all this. Thanks for reading