View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 02:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Esspee

Hi

We've never met as I am new so please excuse me if anything I say sounds impertinent and doesn't apply to you.

Regarding the time it took for people to respond, in the 10 days I've been here I have noticed there are times of day when it is 'slow'. Usually around 8-11 am UK time. With it being an international forum you have a combination of sleeping, school runs, work etc. For me I post earlyish, shoot off and shop/do coffee etc and then come back. After around 11am UK time things take off and posts that have sat with 0 or 1 posts are soon up in the double figures. It is no relation to the content of the post or the person posting, just the time. Also sometimes people will read something and then go away and think of their response.

I don't think when people are asking 'what are you going to do differently' it is a criticism. I think it is trying to, in a caring way, prompt you to think things through, even thinking things through out loud on here. Without knowing what you are looking for/thinking it is difficult for people to help.

And the answer 'I really don't know' to that question is a perfectly valid answer. And if that's how you feel then say it - that way people can understand where you are.

People DO care. There are very few people on here who haven't 'gone off the rails' more than once during their journey to sobriety. But everytime you have a go it's a positive step.

If you subscribe to the Christian point of view then 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone' - I know I'm not without sin so no stone throwing from me. If you aren't religion then put whatever slant on that you will.

Please stay with us. I'm sure your experiences can help others just like people here will stand by you