View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 03:29 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
determined99

Shining star Saturday! Clear mind and rise and shine. Nothing beats it!

So, someone said to me yesterday when I said I don't plan on drinking again. Ever. I got the, seriously I don't understand why you just can't have a few socially. You weren't that bad, you just take everything to the extreme. Even this sober thing. I even got the, I like the drinking determined better.

This pissed me off, from a supposed friend. You would think you would get a wow, six months, that is incredible. But instead, the connotation was I was ridiculous and socially awkward. This sent my AV on a full on attack. I doubted the straight edge choice, glamorized the good times and thought about moderation, that misnomer of misnomers.

I realized that this person must be jealous or not truly care for my best interest or both.

I love my choice. I am freaking proud of it. I think that people like us who actually beat the devil and are proud of it can be intimidating on a few levels. We look much deeper into eyes now. We comprehend and think quicker. We are physically stronger. We look better. We laugh louder. We love deeper. And if you should challenge us, we will eat you for breakfast.

My resolve is stronger now because of this exchange yesterday. I will never again bang my head on the gate to happiness, screaming to be let in. I have the key. I opened the gate. I walked into the sun. And then I shut it behind me.

"If you can take it, you can make it." Louis Zamperini.

Freedom.