View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
doingsomething

Hi team. A quick check in. Been out of pocket lately as I'm attempting to cross the finish line on my move. Plan is to sign closing papers next Fri and hit the road Sat like the Clampets with wife, two dogs, a loaded truck and trailered motorcycle. Then it's a 3-4 day wait on the movers. Got a futon, a TV, a few linens and kitchenware while we wait (very collegiate).

Attempted to bring the bike back last weekend by loading into a uhaul. Almost a very Johnny Knoxville moment. Bike is in one piece but I came out with a sprained knee. Never, ever, ever consider riding your motorcycle into the back of a uhaul. Even if I'd given thought to ground clearance past the lip of the ramp, momentum and traction are also mission critical. Suffice it to say all these things did not work in my favor. Plenty of youtube videos demonstrating likely outcomes far worse than mine. I got lucky. Very lucky.

So no real visits from the AV that I can tell. I'm a little emo but I think that's just due to the craziness of being in temporary accommodations for a month and a half and being banged up from my dumb ass attempt. Right then, catch you later team. I'll probably check in this weekend as I try to rest and mend.