View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 08:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ultramarathoner

Wild Night. I mistakenly tasted alcohol- yet all is good. I'll explain.

I was at an "80's" night company gathering. Wild costumes, 80's music, 80's video games, etc. Open bar, passed 80's drinks, etc.

I stayed for about an hour and decided to have a "Risky Business" (80's Movie) chocolate mini-cake on the way out. I took a bite and something 'popped' in my mouth. I felt a sting of alcohol and went back to the dessert table with the bite still in my mouth. I read the description of the cake: 'Chocalate cake with truffle and brandied cherries'.

This is totally my fault. I assumed that the description would say 'contains gluten' or something. Everything at my meetings has descriptions. Even the fruit says 'gluten free'. One stops paying attention unless they have allergies. Lesson learned!

Anyway, now I have a dilemma. I know myself and my journey well enough to understand that swallowing the bite will not make me order a drink. And if I did swallow the bite I would not consider myself at day 1 of my quest.

But it's the principal of the thing. I can't get to the bathroom without risking running into someone who wants to talk. So I go to the coffee stand grab a cup, and spit it out.

From now on I'll be aware of the double entendres of desserts named for 1980's movies!

Hope everyone's days were less eventful!