Old 02-04-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
freetosmile

Originally Posted by ch1 View Post
Thank you everyone.

I've read the "at least a year" statements in other readings I've done too. I suppose it's just hard thinking in terms of that. I know she really cares for me and she isn't close to anyone else minus select parts of her family. So I feel terrible having to tell her we can't continue on.

She's sent me letters and I've written her back too, which also makes it harder. I was feeling fine until the other day when things just snapped and now I feel like I'm back to square one in attempting to fully move on. I really don't know what else to say I suppose.
You don't have to SAY or THINK anything right now. She is safe and so are you. Just let her work her program and if you want to keep writing her letters, I say just do it.

Just understand the risks you are taking. That's all. Alcoholism is really really tough on EVERYONE. I'm not saying that she will fail...but statistically, yeah she will probably fail.

My husband just got out of rehab two week ago and he's already back to the booze. So just don't set really high expectations of her if you want to stick around. And if you DON'T want to stick around- now is the time to exit stage left.

Good luck to you