Old 02-04-2015, 02:20 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  
CelticZebra

Finally finished reading this thread but STILL waiting for the book!
Hope it's ok to post this here, I have copied it from the substance abuse forum
Originally Posted by CelticZebra View Post
I feel the same Always thought I was invincible. Been told I have an addictive personality 15 years ago. Haven't touched class A drugs on a regular basis for as long but, and it's a big BUT I thought I'd be alright with alcohol as a replacement for the 'missing highs' I spent years thinking I was ok, my drinking was normal, I quit alcohol, using AVRT, when I CHOSE to quit, I had such a HUGE natural HIGH I've been happily not drinking or drugging since then. I miss the highs, I miss the chemically induced 'freedom' yet I'm not keen on spending the rest of my life looking for something that only exists in my head. It's my life and I'm wasting it, not getting any younger, constantly thinking this life is too hard without those occasional 'freedoms' problem for me; I've made my life a prison cell in my head, so much doubt about my ability to make the right choices. Wishing YOU the very best choices for YOU and LIFE.
I DO NOT like my addiction, it's all the same thing and I feel so down on myself, having a hard time with my beast, it's got such a big voice in my head, like the dog barking baring it's teeth and my confidence is so LOW it's scaring me. I'll never drink again but I just had a cancer stick

Driving my wagon of hope through beautiful views on my road to myself