Thread: Time with hubby
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Katchie

Time with hubby

I originally wanted to snicker that my husband thought he was going to a mens retreat that would tackle addiction. He seemed a little disappointed that it wasn't quite what he thought; and me, well, in my mind he was doing whatever to circle and not tackle his addiction. Shame on me.

He was surprised and I am surprised. From thrusday night to sunday morning, he met some great guys that are either struggling with addiction or have been sober for a long time. They have invited him to join their group that meets a few times a week (AA) and one has offered to be his sponsor while another has said he will check in on him regularly to keep him accountable (a former drug and alcohol addict as well). My husband seemed so excited about his new friends, the understanding he received from them, the same belief system, etc., and that his weekend wasn't a loss tackling this. He thanked me for coming to the family gathering on Sunday and took me around to meet all of his new friends. He came back fresh headed and energetic. I pray he can beat this because for the first time I can see that he wants it, not just me and the boys. I actually felt love for him last night. Cant say that I've felt that genuinely in a long time. He watched the superbowl game with me here at the house with the boys and I actually didn't want him to leave, but he went back to his hotel room. He isn't ready to talk about living arrangements just yet and really I didn't want to either - I didn't want to ruin the good time talking about that. But, his new energy gave me energy so I deep cleaned my bathroom. I know it's nothing to get my hopes up about so I'm still getting the plumbing replaced at my grandmothers tomorrow. But dang, it was nice to see the real him.