Thread: Ativan?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 07:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
zjw

I never felt more normal in my life then I did when I took valium recreationaly (was not prescribed). I finally felt like a normal calm and collected individual. I felt how I figured everyone else must feel. I had no anxiety things rolled off my back I felt really good. At the time however I was young it was all for fun and I didn't moderate.

Being unable to moderate squat in life (if 1 is good 10 must be way better) I stay away from these types of meds. and trust me I question this probably daily. A benzo for the now and then times when I need it would do me a world of good. I just don't know where it might lead in my case and I worked so hard to get clean of booze and such I'd hate to become dependant on something else.

Now how I see it is one way or another we should be able to get our lives manageable so that this anxiety doesn't need to be put in check with the aide of some kind of med or substance. I have yet to get this perfect balance myself but things have improved. Of course stuff does still happen that no matter how peachy you got things life can and will still throw you a curve ball.

so my stance is MAN I WISH I could take them or something like them. and I'm sure they help some folks greatly but for me? I dunno if its a good idea and that stinks!