Thread: Rejection
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sudz No More

I'm sure it happens to most of us at various times all our lives for various reasons, fair, unfair or otherwise. I really do try to do the glass half full thing rather than wallow in my own pity. For the better part of three years now I have been running operations when the other two are away. Twice now, the boss has moved to new locations but I have not been given the position. Even though I am qualified and have been doing the job I did not take the "internship tour" around the country for a few years. Sure, they say they promote from within but only if you are willing to pack yourself in a suitcase and go wherever they want you to. I will be coerced by the Regional Manager most likely next week about joining the internship but really what should have happened is they just promote me to boss of my current facility.

In spite of that, I am happy with my current position and enjoy my house overlooking the valley so yeah, glass half full. Things could really be a lot worse and I could be thinking about this while I stare at the bottom of a pint, instead I'm still sober and trucking along.