View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 04:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Minx1969

I think it is just a process of grieving..I went through that recently..it's been 8 months for me and though he occasionally crosses my mind (and he called last week..I didn't return his call..he already has a new girlfriend..why is he calling)..I have stopped obsessing and thinking about him. I'm not dating anyone new but finally getting to the point where I can imagine a life with someone else.

Like Quietsins, I pray for his recovery and then I just let it go..Journalling and exercise also helped me..AlAnon..keeping busy.

Occasionally I think about what it would be like to get back with him but it would be too painful..It would be one thing if he was sober and working a program..I might consider it..

It was not too long ago I felt like I would never be over him..He is always going to have a place in my heart and has the potential to still hurt me (that's why I didn't return his call..)

It does get better..take it from me..4 months from now you'll feel so much better..just respect the grieving process..it's where you need to be right now.

Hugs,

Minx