Thread: Newcomer here
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Frostyfrost
Helloooooooo.

Newcomer here

I'm 28 and want to give up drinking forever because it is becoming a problem, I have two kids and a great husband and we have a nice family. I don't get drunk at home but I do drink a lot of wine through the week, and if I go out with my friends I get so drunk I never remember anything.
My dad was an alcoholic and he died last year after drinking several bottles of vodka and cider and he fell down the stairs and banged his head and died.
This was only before Christmas, and after this I just don't want to drink anymore! But I am having a hard time saying no to that glass of wine or stopping drinking when I know I've drank enough.
My friends don't drink too much, and it's always me who gets wasted when we go out.
I went out last night and this morning I said to my husband I didn't remember us coming home last night, as we went to a works do...and he said I didn't come home I stayed out and didn't come home until 4am!
I asked my friends what happened and they said I went off somewhere and left my phone and things behind, where I went and what I did I have absolutely no idea! It happens everytime I go out, and it just results in terrible hangovers, missed days and less money, plus it's pretty dangerous because anything could have happened to me when I'm unaware.
I don't like the unknown feeling, and it's easy to say just stop when you've drank enough, but when you are drunk that doesn't happen.
My husband said he will support me if that's what I want to do.
Anyway hi and that's my story.