View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 11:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
mavrick

Originally Posted by mistory5 View Post
Maverick, I hear u loud and clear.I never was able to stay sober more than 1 to 2 weeks in AA for 10yrs. On Nov 17th 2014 I decided I had had enough of AA folks telling me I could not get sober without AA. I was done...with them , shoot it wasn't working for me . I stayed on SR day and night, prayed and came up with a plan I pieced together from different people on here. Been sober since that day. I don't even count days anymore, just months. I'm so happy that I got the courage to try another way when others(AA) told me it was their way only or the highway. I know I have to be on my p's and q's as far as alcohol is concerned but I'm feeling better than I ever thought I could feel since being on that stopping and starting hamster wheel of drinking. I thank God all the time for SR! I don't knock AA for those who it works for and who enjoy it, but my hope for those that struggle staying sober in AA that God somehow presents other options to help them get and stay sober. I would of never thought there were other ways/plans people used to get sober if I didn't stumble onto SR...my devine intervention! Someone out here reading SR who is stuggling and are having doubts about AA needed to read your thread today.
You've hit the nail on the head mistory, im so greatfull for SR introducing me to a whole new world of people with whole new different aproaches to recovery.
I too have pieced together a new plan through reading on here and also have taken from AA literature not fellowship. The Big Book is a fantastic source of knowledge but the fellowship is not for me.