Thread: A black cloud
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
SDH73

This may be way off base for you, but looking at my own "black cloud" I can honestly say that it is mostly a result of my active drinking for so many years. I would put things off until I was ready to deal with them, which would seldom happen. So things like routine car maintenance (oil change, tire rotation, tune up) would go way too long without being addressed. Wait long enough and the car is going to have problems. I've also amassed a significant amount of debt, and taking "sick" days off from work when hungover is completely counterproductive.

As far as everything falling into place goes...hmm. I hope it does. I'm just picturing myself with the pieces of a puzzle in front of me and I keep tossing them into the air and seeing where they will land. I would be better served by looking closely at each individual piece and considering the bigger picture. Maybe this piece could go...here. Puzzles can take a long time to put together, with a little trial-and-error and a lot of deliberation and patience. But every time a new connection is made it is exciting and encouraging.

It's made even more difficult by the fact that I'm not really sure what the bigger picture that the puzzle displays is supposed to look like.

Sorry to be so long-winded. It's just that your "falling into place" question got me thinking about my own stuff.

Keep at it nvguy. Great job on 13 days!