View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
leviathan

i believe that the writer's premise is one worth further research. it bears mentioning that our behavior is rooted in belief systems that are more complex than the rodents. -if we find something that numbs the pain, we may come to trust it with flawed reasoning (rats dont do much reasoning).

i know that the proliferation of booze shacks in downtrodden neighborhoods is not coincidental...

then theres the sickness of the addicts belief system vs. the sickness of society. most folks with rehab/AA experience have heard themes regarding this -that we have control issues, picking your battles, choosing sanity, etc.

personally, i know that i was not coping well after years of using/drinking. but i really dont think that stopping my insanity has made the world at large look any more sane. quite the opposite, in fact. one of my many lifestyle changes has been to listen to a little less news, and cut back on political discussions. the proof is in the pudding. im less upset and i dont miss much. it keeps filtering down to me anyway. - humanity is not very nice. never has been. we continue to make the same mistakes and folks would rather guard their opinions than compromise.

janie, your introvert response is worth its own thread. you should post it.