View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
NerdlyBeauty

I have something else to say about this that totally discredits this article. I have a younger brother. My parents treated him like he was the Golden Boy who did no wrong. Me, they beat up for anything I ever did "wrong", from getting a B- in a class they thought I should have aced, to coming home past curfew. Although I have had problems with over doing it with alcohol in the past, I never became addicted, and since my son was born, I barely drink at all. My brother, on the other hand, has been to jail several times for DWIs and possession of cocaine. he dealt pot and Ecstasy all throughout high school, and even bought his first car with drug money. They know all about my struggles with AXBF, and get pissed at me because it took me awhile to leave him completely. My son and I lived with them for awhile, and they kicked us out because they don't approve of how I parent. They think I don't discipline my son because I don't yell at him or spank him. Yet they have spent thousands of dollars on lawyers to keep my brother out of jail. My mother is still very co-dependent, and gets very insulted when I suggest AlAnon to her. So yeah...having a hard life is not really an excuse, IMHO.

Please accept my apologies for my anger today