View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 08:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
redatlanta

Hmmm interesting and applied to my RAH accurate. 2 sons. One wanted (Brother P) and one unwanted (RAH). Very dysfunctional family no connection for RAH with his father who never gave him the time of day yet lavished attention on P.

I can see this being accurate. What I don't agree with it that taking the rat from the empty cage with drugs to "rat-land" is successful for human beings. Certainly many an A finds what they didn't have in a relationship, job, or whatever they were lacking, and many are very successful. But still A's.

This is where a 12 step program comes in to untangle the mess, and its such a process. Its why you can't take an active alcoholic, place them in a great environment and "poof" the alcoholism is gone. Theoretically if that were true then they would no longer be alcoholics period, just like the rats, and would be able to moderately drink if they chose to. NOT.

Interesting food for thought. I don't really think its pertinient to decipher through the psychology of all the trauma as far as alcoholism is concerned. I think it is pertinent to grow as a human being, and to let go of past injuries - but it won't solve alcoholism either. The only thing I have ever seen that works is the desire to get sober and people do it everyday that aren't in the best environments or situations.