View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
KariSue

Originally Posted by davenport View Post
The Likely Cause of Addiction Has Been Discovered, and It Is Not What You ThinkÂ*|Â*Johann Hari

It is totally messing with my co-dependent brain. I mean it's okay to read this article and still stay no contact right? I feel like I did everything I could to help give my ex a better life and I also did my best to be connected to him. If no contact makes him sink deeper into addiction that is his decision and there is nothing I can do to prevent that. Right?
Right. Don't feel bad one moment. If our love could heal an addict there would be no addicts.

I think this article has some merits and it is making me think but it definitely has some flaws.

Besides who says 'you' have to be the one he connects with? My son is the one who has the problem and I sometimes think we are too close to help him maybe. I would welcome someone else connecting with him and showing him the light if that is even possible.

Who knows? But one thing I do know is that I wouldn't worry about one article in the grand scheme of things. I won't dismiss it either but just go with my gut. My gut says that you shouldn't stay with someone who makes your life hard. You deserve to be happy.

Kari