Thread: Friendship
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 09:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
pmaslan

Emily,
I didn't read everyones posts to you yet but I just wanted to tell you my take on this.
My exAfiancee always told me the same thing. He would make comments like "do you really think so and so likes you?" or "so and so said this or that about you." Mind you these were "bar people." I always told him I do not count those people as friends, merely acquaintances. My real friends are the ones I go to the movies with, dine with, go shopping with and have long conversations on the phone with. They are not the ones that are in a bar slurring their words and complaining about how unfair life is for them. Because he is an A he has no "real friends" wouldn't even begin to know what a real friend is, for if he did he would have recognized that I was "his best friend." A's are insecure they love to transfer their negative feelings on to us.
From all your postings I can see that you are a loving, kind person and consider you a friend as well. Please remember what we are dealing with, that may help a bit.
Love, Patty