View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forgettable

Fate2012 I know exactly what you are going through. My situation is very similar with the exception that I don't physically see him everyday as I'm abroad right now (he moved his girlfriend into our apartment so I'm living at my parents till I can afford to move out). I do have to deal with him via video calls when he calls our daughter weekly. I can imagine how unbearingly difficult it must be for you. I have gone no contact for the past month and although it doesn't take away the frustration it has been a game changer for me. I'm just cordial when he calls our daughter, answer any questions regarding her well being and that's it. I don't give way for any other subject or type of conversation. It was very hard at the beginning but once you start seeing the good effects it does get easier. Divorce is a nightmare, and with an addict... Well just add to that. I'm going through the same decisions right now and it feels like it never ends. Just make sure that if you are going to go through with it to do it as soon as you are able to. Dragging it on as I did just made things worse for my case.

Just make your conversations as minimal as possible and if he tries to engage in anything else just say you do not wish to speak about it now, and leave it there. If you must text for arrangements just keep it simple and business like.

My two cents.

Keep coming back, I haven't been here too long but people in this forum have already helped me tremendously!
Hugs!