View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Creekryder
Cause no harm

After a slight (?) reprogramming of my formerly sloshed brain, I am resolved to the fact that I will always come in contact with those who drink. Maybe they can handle the alcohol or not. That is not my privilege nor concern to decide. I make the decision for myself alone. I simply choose not to drink alcohol. In the past, I have exhibited a lack of discipline to regulate my consumption. Because I wish to rid myself of this addiction, I have made the irrevocable decision to not ingest alcohol. I do not desire to continue the alcoholic path I had been following for over 40 years, so come hell or high water, booze is not an option for me. I have and continue to indelibly fix this in my brain. I now can freely walk among those who choose to drink and not be swayed to follow. I do not imply that everyone can or should put themselves in this position, but to reinforce the notion that complete and unshakable resolve to never drink will allow you to move mountains. It removes the fear of possibly "falling off the wagon" and leaves you with a sense of true freedom...which knows no fear.
-Peace