View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 10:33 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
cloudy

Originally Posted by quietsins
does posting to these boards keep us trapped in relationships ghosts that we need to let go of?

i would love to hear what others have to say. for myself, i love what i have learned in alanon, but i am ready to move forward with my life and am pondering getting rid of all my readings books and other alanon approved literature.
if you get rid of it donate it to alanon or something then someone poor can have them

i am in an absolutely horrible state right now. surely made worse by my hanging around. BUT....i never would have known. It's just a process is all and different amounts of time for each person. I don't think the boards or Alanon keep us stuck. I definitely, definitely understand your question on it.

Now, I wish I would have left back then when i first found out. But, I didn't know back then so it would not have been the same. Wish I had a time machine, wish I won the lottery...but unfortunately it does not work that way.

As far as quitting the boards, just visit them if you want, and don't if you don't. No need to announce quitting. Anytime I've ever seen someone do that they didn't anyway. Just do what you feel at the time. You might want to visit to talk about feelings, give advice, or whatever. And if not that's ok too. leave each day to it's own answer