View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 09:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mspguy

Exclamation Need some help...

Hello,

I'm a 31 year old guy and I need some help. I know I have a drinking problem. Mostly because of boredom, I suspect. I drink about 750mL to 1L of vodka a week. During the workweek, I don't drink as my days are occupied and I know how it affects my performance. However, on my days off, I look forward to drinking. It helps pass the time, so I'm basically drinking at least 375 mL per day on the weekends,

I know the typical advice wold be to find a hobby or something similar. While a good idea, it's not that supportive. All I really need is some encouragement to stay sober and resist the urge to drink on the weekends. I find myself hiding my drinking from my fiancé, which scares me. Basically, I'm in a confusing position where I see and recognize the warning signs of problem drinking, but I still drink, despite them.

If anyone can offer any advice or support, I'd really appreciate it. I'm buzzed tonight, but tomorrow is the start of another workweek for me, so I want to help continue that into the weekend and resist alcohol. The urge to drink is powerful at the moment. But I hope to be able to reduce that in the future.

Thanks for the help, everyone!