View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Katchie

Trying to stand my ground

We've all been sick including my AH who has been staying in a hotel for almost 2 weeks now. I can hardly believe that its been almost 2 weeks!

I'm still not feeling great so I called him & asked if he would meet the boys some place to eat. I just don't feel up to cooking. He said sure and then began to tell me how he has lost his hotel room because he was sick w/the flu and didn't let them know he would still need it. Thankfully, I lost good cell connection with him and finally the signal was lost and hung up.

He calls me back a few minutes later..thankfully a few minutes to get my head together on what I would say...and he retells everything from our conversation minutes before, as if I hadn't heard it the 1st time, and then proceeds to pick up where he left off with not having a room after tonight. I just said "ok". I just don't want to engage in that conversation about him coming home especially when I don't believe he has taken any sincere steps to tackle his addiction. There is no way possible he has because he has been sick AND because I know when his mom came for a visit last Friday he showed up buzzing. I'm not ready for him to worm his way back here. I know things will go back to the crap that has become normal. But he's trying. I won't be surprised if he calls me later, or calls me tomorrow, or tries to talk about it at the boys game tomorrow evening. I can just picture him choosing the boys public event to want to talk about this. I don't know what the deal is with using public places to talk about deeply personal and emotional topics -- I HATE that!
Which not to long ago I did tell him I didnt like him doing that to me, lets see if that holds.

I know this is a lot of what ifs. But its not a what if that he was/is trying to come back home.