Thread: Dry drunk
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

For me I have come to understand the term as more judgmental than anything constructive or accurate. An adjective as opposed to a noun.

The term is always used in a disparaging manner - look at that guy, he doesn't drink but is unhappy and not spiritually fit. He's a dry drunk.......

If I use that term or agree with another's assessment then I am being presumptive about the quality of another's sobriety = judging them. I wonder if other think there's degree's of the term...... That guy, he's not totally a dry drunk - but he's close. Maybe he's a semi dry drunk! That path lead to taking others inventory and putting myself on a pedestal. It's a bad recipe IMO. Can a person be living as a dry drunk one day and not the next? Perhaps he is moderating his dry drunk?? I think you get my point.

It's not up to me to judge, just as I don't judge another's "happiness".

It is a common question - explored it myself. Today I like what I've learned from others.....When you remove the alcohol you still have the ic(k) to deal with, for all of use - forever. I suppose some deal with it better than others, but the rose colored glasses taint ones perspective I believe.

peace to us all
FlyN