View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Lancashire
Sober Member

Hi sup3r1or

Giving up anything isnt easy. Giving up alcohol is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.

I see your problem as this my friend. You want to give up, you try to give up but keep slipping. I have come to understand that while the sentiment is honourable, its a little light on substance.

Every time you drink it takes a little of something you have away from you, your money, your health and yes, even your family.

Now you have to do something you don't want to do, what none of us want to do.

You have to give everything, I do mean everything.

You have to be ready to stand in front of the mirror and have a real go at yourself, you have to get all that emotion out that you have been suppressing with alcohol out and make a pact.

The pact is this, you will NEVER drink alcohol ever again.

You have to go through the anxiety, you have be scared, have the shakes, puke up over yourself for no reason, you have to cry, beat yourself up and come out in a few days time clean and sober. Then you need to make a plan never to relapse again. No more feeling sorry for yourself saying I can never have a drink again. You just dont.

No more excuses, oh my lifes falling apart, so I will have a drink to feel better. No thats not going to win your family back.

Your Wife has stuck by you for 2 years and from her point of view, she has a little one to put first, she cant look after to you too.

You need to put some distance between you and your family in order to return to them a clean and sober Father and Husband and someone they are proud of.

I told you, you have to give everything. Only you can decide if you have it in you to do it or will you just keep returning to the bottle.

We are all here for you, everyday to help you get through this, use us, confide in us and all of us will use all of knowledge and experience to keep you sober and return you to your family.

You might be down, but your not out yet, Son.

Get rid of all your booze and make today your Day 1.

I am praying for you.