View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Turtle82
Sober Alcoholic

I've had to take this four times. It was the long form (2 hours I think) administered through Human Resources by MB people. I always came up INTP with "I" sliding a bit from close to center "I/E" which I think is pretty usual depending on current life situations. Today, understanding MB, I think its pretty usual for me to hover close to "E" but not ever actually going over the "line." The rest (NTP) stayed firmly the same. I, initally, was not happy at all with the results having read the accompanying book given to understand the meanings. (That was before I got sober.) However, in later years and sobriety, I was much more accepting and actually found understanding my personality comforting in a way. It explained a lot. When one gets deeply into MB, how the "shadows" operate is discussed. I have, definitely, found the shadows to develop gradually with aging. For instance, I'm much more comfortable with "F" (my shadow) now than I used to be. But still am not comfortable with S or J... I guess because I'm so solidly N/P.

Awuh1, the link to gave to explaining types was a good one. I was a somewhat amused by the author's research though as it would seem there are no well-known INTP women. *snicker* As for skepticism about MB, I'm not one and that's after initially rejecting it due to dissatisfaction with my type. Typical INTP that I am, however, I did give it a chance and did the research finally leading to acceptance after very personally and privately run experiments (INTPs are know for doing that) and, as I said, comfort with it in sobriety. However, Jung himself being an INTP... perhaps I that's just natural for me.

Thanks Awuh1. I appreciate the time and effort you put into this.