Old 01-09-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Yurt

The holidays were much less stressful this year

Maybe, because they were spent with friends and family of my choosing.
I left STBXAH in May, and filed for divorce in November. I am waiting to hear from the court, as my 60 day waiting period has passed (Day 67...not that I am counting). My DD18 split her time between her dad's house and mine, and he and I spoke on the phone several times. He has been overly friendly, and even sent a gift to me, via DD. It was a gift certificate for a massage, which I was very uncomfortable receiving. This was his usual gift to me every year, and this time, I think it will just sit in the drawer. Too awkward to redeem or return. I haven't even acknowledged it yet. I suppose a simple "Thank you" is in order, but I just thought it was an inappropriate gift this time. I should add that I did not give him anything. It seems that anytime I offer a friendly gesture, he acts as if I might change my mind and go back to him. He starts sending flowery emails and ending his communications with "I love you."
Sorry to say, but I am just finished, and have no desire to ever return.
At least all of the season's holidays are over (his family also celebrates Eastern Orthodox Christmas, so the 7th was the last, for now) and I am hoping that he will start thinking of his future without me in the picture.