Old 01-06-2015, 09:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Cleo1234

Originally Posted by Jodie77 View Post
Just to add here: this man is fully functioning, owns his own very lucrative business, is extremely attractive and well liked, has 3 children he puts through extremely expensive private schools, has all the material possessions you could want for and never misses a day of work. His excuse to me is "so what if I drink at night or during the weekends. So what if I do blow on the weekends. It's not a big deal. I run a company. I take care of my kids." I'm starting to think he is right. Maybe it ISN'T a big deal that he drinks or uses cocaine at 42. He's right in that it doesn't affect his career or children, etc. Maybe I'm just too sensitive or self righteous?
Sorry you're having a hard time, Jodie. I don't intent to come off harsh, so please don't take it that way... but who cares if he's a "functioning alcoholic" ... and has money to send his kids to private school and lives a comfortable life, or is good looking! Life is too valuable to be with someone that makes you miserable. He will never make you happy or any other woman that he's in a relationship with. Apparently, Its either you live by his rules or go away. Don't waste another 5 years with this man.
I understand the rage you have towards him... being in a relationship is extra hard with someone that doesn't bring out the best in us. Never let anyone get comfortable disrespecting you! He knows he has a problem otherwise he would of never went to rehab, but now he is telling you he doesn't have a problem??

I know its so hard when you feel like you have invested so much time into someone... but from the sounds of your past two attempts with this man, it doesn't seem like it will ever get better. Third time won't be a charm! Stay strong and give him a punch to his ego by walking away and showing him you have more self respect for yourself and can go on with out him!! Good Luck!!