View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 12:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Enabler...it is very hard for a mother to think of her child out in well below sub-zero temperatures. Very hard.
It is very hard for others--who are not the MOTHER...to comprehend this. If it were their child..would they be so willing to do the same?

Mind you..I put my own son out o n the streets...to be homeless, if that is what he chose over drinking. But, it wasn't sub-zero temps. He could sleep under a bridge or go to a homeless shelter if need be.

I would think that whether a homeless shelter, from the extreme elements, is available is the real question here? I do know that sometimes an alcoholic will not use the shelters--as they are not as free to drink, there. Many would rather sleep on the streets than give up drinking privileges.

I think the whole big picture has to be considered in any particular situation.

I would say...do the best you can for the welfare of your child. It can be a living hell for the mothers of addicted children. To those who are giving you a hard time--disregard their comments about you. They have no right to judge you. They are not standing in your shoes.

Lest anyone think that I have gone "soft" on boundaries---I haven't. I just can't let any human being die of exposure, dehydration or hunger (on humanitarian grounds).

dandylion