View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Enabler1

Still Enabling AS-but getting better.

I have not posted for awhile (actually forgot how to do it) My AS son has spend over 2 years now, in and out of Sober Homes, in-patient 4x heroin od's and not to mention manipulating me. I finally started therapy, and going to al-a-non. I am getting better. My AS has a court date on January 8th, and it will result in probably a 2 week stay on a PTR. AS is currently at a hotel (cheap) because it is very cold until court on the 8th. I spoke with his P.O. yesterday, and she said, "I don't know why you would put him in a hotel so he can drink." I felt like crap after she said that to me, as if it is MY fault that he is drinking. He can drink anywhere, at home, at a sober house, on the streets, and a homeless shelter. Nothing will stop him, unless he wants it. But, I cannot cope with him being on the streets when it's -15 or 20 wind chill. I made it clear to him, after jail, he will have no where to go. I intend to follow through. My ex-husband happens to be out-of-town, and his wife (stepmother) is whom I am communicating this too. Step Mom has said, also, why is he in a hotel? Well, she won't allow him to stay at her house while his dad is out of town. I feel beaten up upon. I can't imagine exposure to bitter cold and being drunk. Am I crazy to do this for him?