View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Briar
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Jen - don't be hard on yourself. Relationships and kids are so hard. Sometimes I'm amazed my marriage (and my kid! ) has survived so long. Do you feel like it would help for you guys to talk again? If you're still feeling like this, maybe the issue isn't resolved yet.

JL - I'm sorry you're dealing with so many stressors. Can you parse out what you can realistically control and what you can't? Make a chart? Then try not to worry as much about the things you can't contol? I know that's hard. I tend to believe I have superpowers when it comes to solving problems and just am not using them. Usually that's not the case. Try to be realistic.

I had another awful dream of being rejected for being sober. I was with a group of really cool people (like a band or something), and there was a guy I was smitten with, and he seemed to like me too (I know, right? What am I, 16 again? Pretty much). But when I told him I don't drink, he got really mad, and he and all his friends started berating me. It was stupid dream, but it upset me anyway. Obviously this is an area of major insecurity for me.

My walking buddy will be here shortly for our 4 mile walk. I haven't walked in a week as I've had a cold, so this will probably hurt. Oh well, it's worth it.