View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 09:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Anewyear

Originally Posted by leharris111 View Post
Ruby2, question for you- I AM ready, I decided that last night! But I read a post that someone else wrote about a sponsee in AA and the person thought the sponsee wasn't "truly" ready to give it up bc he thought about drinking in the future. I am not thinking about it like I am planning on drinking...I'm planning on not drinking but there is still some doubt that I can do it and some fear that I'm going to give in (terrified actually). This doesn't mean I'm not ready does it? I mean my desire is to live normally and not have an alcohol problem and that will never happen so that means my desire is to give up alcohol right? People are making me question my decision now and that scares me that I'm going to give in. Oh man....
Don't listen to those friends!!! You are making them uncomfortable. True friends should respect your decision and want to help you.
My best friend became sober last spring. ... She hit rock bottom( we tried drinking young-13so stupid) anyway she ended up in hospital with pancreatitis and in rehab for almost a year. I supported her and would never talk her back into drinking nor when I was still drinking do it in front of her.
My point is true friends support you and want you to succeed in what's best for you. You already said you know you can't control your drinking, right?