View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
desypete

i to belive we can retrain our minds infact for me its a must i have to change how i think and how i react and feel

most of my life i reacted to things out of fear so the answer for me was that i had to start facing things i was scared of

i remember in my early days in aa i would of owed a lot of money out to different places and i would get bills coming in with no way to pay them so i would hide the bills under the bread bin as thats how i would deal with it and then ignore knocks on my door incase it was people coming to turn off my electric or whatever

i was scared to sort things out like anyone with half a mind would be able to do

so i had to retrain my brain, if i bill came in and i couldnt pay it i would have to call them up and arrange some sort of weekly payment

i would be scared of doing this and beliving that the people at the other end of the phone would call me names or get cross with me or make me feel like a pile of rubbish for not being able to pay

well as you know they dont do that if you contact them then they will help you and thats what i found happend

today my bills are all payed up if a bill comes in it gets paid such is the growth in me and how i have had to change etc

so the power of the mind is really an amazing thing, like they say you can do anything so long as you put your mind to it