View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 04:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Exegesis

SMART Recovery? Never been.

Hey, I was on here a few months ago and ended up slipping up and have spent the last few months in and out of binge drinking usually with a week or two in between benders.

I'm 4 days sober and really want to quit for good and doing it on my own never seems to work. My problem which I'm sure a lot of you can relate to is after a few weeks sober I always forget how bad it was. The first few weeks sober are always the easiest for me to not drink because I am so depressed and still full of shame and regret from the last blackout. But after a few weeks and I'm feeling good and I'm not hazy anymore I always start drinking again.

I was thinking about going to a SMART recovery meeting but I don't know what to expect and tbh I'm just kind of nervous and a little bit scared. I don't particular enjoy hanging out with strangers. It's not just social anxiety though, I can be social when I have to. Maybe I'm worried that once I go then I will finally have to accept I'll never be able to moderately drink. Idk.

I just wondering if any of you have gone to a SMART recovery meeting and what it's like. I'd like to check one out, I'm just very hesitant and slightly fearful of the unknown.