View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 03:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MidnightBlue
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Power of Thought

Hi, all)

This thread is not directly related to addiction, but I wanted to share this with you anyway.

Because it's about the power of thought. And it had such a WOW effect on me today.

Recently I've started suffering from nighttime leg cramps. I know I have to go see a doctor about that, but not the point at the moment.

Muscle spasms happen mostly early in the morning - immediately after I wake up, or, a couple of time it was the cause why I woke up.

Spasms are really tough and extremely painful - I feel like my muscles are shrinking and about to explode from within. It takes a few minutes of extreme pain to cope with it.

They advice to keep a needle near to ease the spasm. But I either forget to keep it near my bed, or just not excited about the idea of a small sharp needle near me. I mean - when it's dark, I am half asleep, and in extreme pain, I can easily lose it in bed and hurt myself.

Ok, close to the original idea.

Today, just exactly the moment I woke up, there was severe spasm in my left calf. I knew what I am going to go through. I got just sick at the mere idea of tolerating torturing pain again. So, being still half-awake, for some unexplainable reason, I decided to rely on something I never tried before to fight this - to use the power of my mind.

I had no choice. I had not time to doubt, rationalize, or contemplate it - I had to. Pain made me do this.

I told myself "My muscle is relaxed. My muscle is relaxed. My muscle is relaxed".

And the most important thing is how I told it - without any doubt that it wouldn't work. With a strong belief it will help. That there is just no other way for it but to help me.

Believe it or not - spasm was gone immediately. And never came back.

My, I surprise myself today!

What a great way to start a day by unexpected, almost half-conscious exercise of power of my mind.

So, what I am trying to say here?

If you want something really bad. If pain gets you sick, and gets unbearable. If addiction causes so much pain that the thought of tolerating it consequences again, terrifies you, then say to yourself strongly and with all dedication possible "I will end this".

And then do. Your mind will help. Tune your mind on the right wave, and take actions. More actions.

P.S. Bear with me for this pep talk. I am still kind of impressed)