Old 12-29-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
DoubleDragons

Even when I was a drunk, I was never a big partier on NYE. I see it as a very spiritual time. A local Unity church does this beautiful ceremony where you write down all of the things/event/people that no longer have usefulness in your life on a piece of paper. You thank and bless these items/people on your list for the lessons that they provided in your life and you throw the list into a bonfire. You then write a list of all of the new things that you want in your life for the new year and the things that you want to keep sacred in your life. You put that list in an envelope that you will open and consider at NYE the following year or at a crisis point during the year when you feel that you need peace and direction.

I am a sparkly, girly girl myself. I am 15 months sober. I can tell you that it will reach a time for you that you will be able to attend those sparkly events and happily enjoy some sparkling grape juice, knowing that you will stay pretty and sparkly all night long, when all of the drunk girls quickly and sloppily fizz out!!!