View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Txdude229

Originally Posted by yourpowell1 View Post
Help me if you can.........
I posted a couple weeks ago about my husband saying he is "done with our marriage". He moved into a motel after relapsing and has spiraled out of control. Since then, he is questioning why I served him with divorce papers. Bizarre, I know.
I've done pretty well emotionally over the holidays with only a few "break-downs". Today he calls and I speak with him about financial matters and it goes downhill from there.
I found myself asking him if he really ever loved me or loved me as much as he loved his previous wife. WHY did I go there? Cognitively, I know better but I needed him to validate me for some reason and now I find myself in a victim role. Why do I need this validation? I felt like a desperate scorned woman.
I do not want to feel like this. What can I do?
Thank you for your post. I never understood what it meant to love an alcoholic; much less how to interpret his words.

I don't justify his lies, nor try to....I just know that his words do not reflect what his heart really feels, and 2) not the words I should hear. So to Hangnbyathread's point....I stopped asking. I already know what the answers are....

I just had the strength (this morning) to tell my AC its over. While I'm dying inside (have been for months), I find comfort knowing I'm not alone. Neither are you yourpowell1.