Thread: step two
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
desypete

for me step 2 means do i believe that i need help for my drink problem or can i do it on my own
i know i can not beat the drink on my own as i had tried over and over again to stop drinking and i couldn't do it

only when i went into aa ( the power greater than me ) did i find the help i needed to give up the drink and still stay stopped

being around sober minds over a long period rubs off big time in terms of being restored to sanity
of course i never knew or thought i was insane i just thought i had a drink problem, but like a jay walker keeps on trying to jump out in front of moving traffic and hopes he doesnt end up dead or hurt i would do the same thing but with drink, i would know what the drink does to me yet i would still drink and hope things might be different each time i drank

i think it took me longer to accept the fact i was insane rather then the idea that i needed a higher power in my life like aa

i was convinced i was ok if only i didnt drink but later on steps 4 and 5 show me just how insane i had been for all my life with or without drink when i got truly honest about me that is.