View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

I keep thinking what did I do that was so wrong

and why do you think YOU did anything WRONG?
can you accept that HE just didn't FIT the mold of good husband and father? that he just didn't have it IN him to be a truly committed partner and parent? he's been climbing out the window for years and years....every time he left he was trying to show you what he was about.

my last husband was a great guy. (IS a great guy). strong solid stable and sober for 3 years when we met and in January will have 30 years!! he was funny and articulate and treated me always ALWAYS with respect. we had a nice little house on a cul de sac, a little travel trailer, 2 (wretched) dogs.

and I got to where I couldn't STAND living with him and being married. I felt trapped. I just wanted out.

why? because that was not where I was meant to be. not where I belonged. not long term. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM.

he was the perfect partner.......just.not.for.me.

every time you interact with your AH, you go into a tailspin. and I think he's trying to prevent that from happening by staying no contact. maybe so he doesn't have to deal with it, or maybe with you in mind. why not see it as a gift.....you never have to deal with him coming back and THEN leaving again. that miserable cycle is over.