Old 12-24-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SoberComposer

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your understanding and advice.

Melki: Thanks Friend! I'm glad i'm not the only one who this feels overwhelming too. It's interesting how knowing that this is a normal reaction makes it a little more tolerable. Whew.. it feels like someone just ripped a band-aid off my soul.

PurpleKnight: The reference to Rome wasn't built in a day is very helpful and a reminder that I am doing good and may be a little impatient. There are also so many new and really cumulative problems since I was a kid that are now breathing again. It feels overwhelming but it feels good to know that this is a normal experience for a newly sober person.

AcceptingChange: That is pretty much exactly how I am feeling. I didn't realize it until I read your post but these problems are the same exact one that I had as a teenager. It's overwhelming in so many ways, combined with a slew of current issues. I am so glad I quit when I did and will ride this out until I can work on the real issues. Thanks!

SoberJenie: Thanks for your post! I see that I have been cheating life this whole time trying to delete all of the negativity. I appreciate your experience with advanced sobriety. I am not sure what I expected but dealing with life is new to me. I guess it's to be expected that it is overwhelming at times. Maybe when I begin to build a life with people it will be a little easier, not to mention as I work through some of these issues. Thank you!!

Much Love everyone, thanks for your support!