View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 08:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sisterbobby

always been there

I grew up in a big family, father drank, i started drinking at a very young age, smoked more pot in the early years. didnt do much drugs, alittle cocaine for a few years a long time ago, quit smoking pot over 20 years ago and cigarettes over tem years ago. still drink. I consider myself a binge drinker. I do ok for a few days, weeks, then I buy a bottle and drink till I'm down. I am trying to get it under control. I would like to quit.
However, I have a husband that drinks nearly every night, he drinks a whole bottle of vodka most nights. a fifth of vodka. I married my father. I have tried to talk to him about how often and have asked him to slow down. He has sleep apnea and snores and his drinking makes it worse. About a month ago, i asked him to sleep in the another room cuz I need to get sleep. I work and lately I have developed insomnia, I need sleep. At first I slept in the other room, but then I asked him to sleep in the other room if he is drinking. (Very hard to sleep with a person with sleep apnea and passed out) Now he sleeps in the other room every night, still drinks, drinks more now.
I sometimes feel like a hypocrite when I complain about his drinking cuz I drink too.