Old 12-22-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wehav2day

What Do You Do When Your Sponsor Relapses?

I have the best sponsor ever. It took me years to find the right one. She is wonderful. She gave me so much experience, strength and hope that I am now 22months sober. Twenty two months today. On the 22nd. And 22 is my favorite number! But I digress...

I found out this wonderful sponsor who along the way became my wonderful friend, has started to drink again. My heart is sick for her. I am holding out hope she will snap out of it fast.

But my heart is also sick because I have grown accustomed to her unwavering support and her friendship. Because I have become very fond of her, she's like a sister to me now. I know my sobriety is my responsibility alone, not hers. But I selfishly want my friend and sponsor. I'm in my home state for the holidays right now, and I've relapsed here several times. Last year was the first time I stayed sober the whole trip. I feel a bit like the rug has been pulled out from under me
(Selfish, I know..).

I'm gonna stay sober because it's the right thing for me. I'm gonna pray for my friend. I'm going to help others if the opportunity arises. I'm going to take the help that's been offered to me. Did I mention I'm going to pray for my friend??

Thanks for letting me get the stream of consciousness out...