View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
lily1122

NJandy~ thanks for your input and some of it I believe in, I do think it was a good sign that he reached out to me for help instead of just laying in the stairway till he died.

I don't think I can force him into a rehab center. I honestly believe if I woke him up right now and kicked him out he wouldn't decide to go to rehab he would go right back to using and this time he probably wouldn't stop. I also don't think making his life miserable will do anything but get him to leave and go use. And he feels miserable enough I don't want him any more depressed than he already is.

I don't think a forced rehab situation works, he was court ordered to rehab before and he didn't stay sober he just took the easy way out. Rehab is better then jail im guessing

I don't like the fact that hes drinking but it keeps him away from heroin. I told him today the drinking has to stop too or else hes going to have more crap to get out of his system and hes never gonna feel better.

Amy~ I want whats best for him and I wish he told me he should of gone to rehab I would of made phone calls and got him somewhere the night he came home. But I also believe that he was in so much pain if he was at rehab on Friday he would of left to go use again cause he wanted to leave here but he didn't.

He hasn't talked about using since then (I think it was a combo of the methadone and alcohol that made him delirious). Today he talked about how shocked he is at what he did. He told me he is isn't totally sure but hes pretty sure he was close to dying when he text me.
I didn't know what to do when he came home but I will say I was afraid if I pushed rehab he would of left and never came back. And some people say that's his problem or his decision but I cant help the guilt I would of felt if something bad happened to him.
That is why I cant just kick him out either. Call me stupid but it wouldn't sit right with me if I did that. I was scared enough when he disappeared knowing I did that would haunt me for the rest of my life.