Thread: What to do?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 06:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Hi livestrong

I think everyones afraid of the changes that not drinking will bring. Change is inevitable, that's for sure - my life is unrecognisable from the life I had as a drinker - but for me, that's a very good thing.

I love my life now and I love being the person I am

Granted you may not be at the point I was - drinking all day every day - but you've already experienced something of the progressive nature of alcoholism - I started as a weekend binger too.

I think tho that stuff like this is a huge red flag -

I have had occurrences in past where I drink to much and have episodes of blackouts or come home and get into an argument with my wife. I am typically a happy drunk but for some reason on certain nights or with certain drinks I can release venom to those I am closest with towards the end of the night. This seems to happen when I have also not had much to eat.
Do you really want this to be part of your life?

Man, not eating is not the cause here - alcohol is.

The obvious response is to 'cut back' in an attempt to control this - if you have tried it already, you'll know how hard it is.

I think it's well nigh impossible to cross back over the line when you reach a certain point of progression...I can guarantee you though that removing alcohol from your life will also stop this problem

D