View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
jayman
Stay Strong and Motivated

I'll be very honest and say that the "fear" is definitely there. I've actually thought forward a year, two, etc and I get this sinking feeling in my gut. Am I gonna do it again in a couple weeks? Can I really do this? How can I live the life I want when I see it all over TV, internet, stores, hell I can't even watch a football game without seeing beer commercials. And truthfully, what those guys with the snacks and the beer, watching the game and cheering looks fun. But I know I can't do that anymore and I just have to accept that.

My ma, who's been through a lot in the last few years, told me the other day, "Sweetie, just take it one day at a time. If you fall, you pick yourself up and keep moving forward." I believe I'm in the right mindset, and I have to just take it one day at a time and not think about the future when it comes to my addiction. Goals, aspirations, positive things yes, but not my alcoholism. As patman said above, vigilance and focus on the positives of recovery, not the negatives is what I believe is important.

I really don't know if this is the right way to look at it, but I feel right now that it is the way for me.