Thread: Paranoia
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 09:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
I don't know whether to laugh or cry about that level of paranoia, Liz. My ex wasn't paranoid about banks, but he was convinced that someone was out to kill him. He would say things like "there's a letter in my closet, under the box of photos -- if I turn up dead, give that to the police."

Um, OK.
I've heard something similar, too. He thought our neighbors were going to come in and kill us. Mind you, he wasn't even drinking when he had this freak out. Started screaming about how they were going to come in and rape me, torture our child, and then kill him and he went into detail too. Of course, he did this in front of our child who was probably around 7 at the time. Son and I sat on the bed and wept for a while after that one. Ahhh, memories....just love taking a trip down memory lane. Just another reminder of why I need to get out. He may be medicated now, but who knows if that's even valid especially since he's still drinking and the drinking kinda cancels out an anti-depressant. I'm sure his neurotransmitters are a bit wonky at this point.